Saturday, February 12, 2011

help

When I left my home in Wollongong and moved into a shack at Junee I had nothing. I did find help and it was from myself no one else. I learnt as I went along and was guided by the local hardware man, Peter and his son. I asked for his ideas and then did it my way any way. He often laughs and has told my son that he needn't bothered as I would do it my way. Yes but the advise was listened to with great admiration from whom it was given. I learnt a lot and I see where the cyclone victims are in dire straights. They don't have tickets for rubbish removal or cleaning tickets building or plumbing but then I didn't either. God didn't help me nor did the council as I once read "someone helps those who helps themselves".
I have been amused that the houses after Katrina are not rebuilt even today...Some times people have disasters in there lives and if it is not a natural disaster or a mine blowing up then you are on your own as I was. It was still a disaster, just as big as these are today but the difference is you are totally on your own no support to turn too..Yes help yourselves you will come threw it and be a stronger person for it....

No comments: