Saturday, July 23, 2011

Imagination

As a child of eight I was fortunate to live on the edge of the world at mountain top at the top of the Dorrigo mountain. My play ground was the rain forests and farm lands in the immediate area. The water that fell from the mountain top and rained to the valley below was cool and clean with moss covered rocks and ground in the imediate area of the stream. The hues of green was imense and the white of the clouds that drifted in from the valley below. It was a fairy land in reality and with an inteligent fertile mind I was able to get the best from the experience. As I have stated before in other post we were poor beyond belief  but the fairyland of my mind made me the wealthiest person in the world. Dragon flies became helicopters leaves became boats and ants became horses, and throwen into this was blocks of wood which became cars and trucks, Happiness was my whole world and was never shared to this day. When I watch the dumb box (TV) I am taken from my chair to the ends of the world in my own mind. Many years later I was to work as a pearl diver and was taken back to those early days. To drop a hammer it would go straight to the bottom and a wooden wedge would go to the surface and this was to amuse me the first time it happened, Then to lift ten tons of steel on air bags tied to the steel was amazing. I, with the released air from my lungs was able to lift such massive weights. I have been blessed with a wonderful working life and great friends but to go back to my childhood in my mind is a blessing that I cherish. I feel so sorry for people who have had electric shock treatment to loose those thoughts forever, I am truly blessed.

No comments: