Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ernie Dingo

Blogger
Wana know my first sighting of a celebrity. Well you are gonna hear it.  I was an entrant in the energy challenge which is about environmentally friendly cars. So I enters this challenge with a car that I built at the local technical college for about $100. We left Sydney central and proceeded to Penrith at the western side of Sydney. The next day we were in Orange in the middle of the state and all the camera crews came to interview the teams.  Then it came my turn and this bloke turns up and he says his name is Ernie Dingo. So I says.... who?  Ernie Dingo came the reply...Never heard of ya before...By this time the blokes thinks I'm pulling his leg and I thinks he's pulling mine. Then one of my cousins says to Mr Dingo he don't have TV and he don't know who you are. Cause then this guy then has a laugh so me being polite laughs as well. Cause I'm a bit deaf as well. It wasn't til later I found out who he really was..So there you are I didn't recognize him even when I was introduced to him.. This is an older version of the following car and shows the wing on top so as to enter the energy challenge the car was red and pink, taken on Ameroo park raceway in the west of Sydney, the car survives and the track doesn't. I made this car out of sheet metal. It was beaten out of flat sheet it took about twelve months to make at Wollongong tafe college.It ran in the shell mileage marathon at Ameroo park race way in Sydney's outer west.Won the transmission award with a hydraulic drive.It also entered the Energy Challenge and got first place in the experimental section beating some large corporations in its wake :) if I can find more photos I will display them see later post.The last time I saw the car was at Tumberlong public school near Gundagai .Hi Ernie .Cheers Stewart

No comments: