Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Work

I worked for
myself for years and did pretty well for myself. I started mowing
lawns and ended up with an excavator tip truck and bobcat which I
owned outright. I found staying small was the hardest thing to do.  If
the lady of the house gave me a cup of tea or a drink I knew that I
was getting paid at the end of the job.  Doctors were the hardest to
get money from. Then there was the Indians not the red type the other
ones from India,  who just didn't pay at all unless you had a truck
full of rubbish to dump on there driveway which I had to do only on
one occasion I think the word got around.    Then there was the
talkers "i have so much work etc"or "if you do the job at a gooood
price" Now these guys never paid at all ever.  Now about the Indians
I'm not racist Its a fact that they don't pay, My mate Cliff would
tell the Indian a time and he always wanted him there earlier, Cliff
would say it aint happening cause now you can do it with a shovel and
hang up. They always rang back ill give them that they are persistence
little buggers in the end I just wouldn't work for them. I think that
all nationalities have there qwerks.There was this Italian fella I
worked for and a nine in the morning tools down and the machine
switched off and he had a feed for all his workers even casuals and
other contractors that were on the job. He said a fella cant work on
an empty stomach and by gingers we all worked for that bloke and
always got paid.  some times he would pay you half way through a job
as well.

No comments: